South London Partnership – Representing and connecting
The South London Partnership comprises five South London boroughs; Croydon, Kingston, Merton, Richmond and Sutton. Our purpose is to promote and represent the interests of the south London sub-region, particularly in regards to economic development and transport planning.
London is at a crossroads. With the recent economic crisis hopefully just behind us, it is an important time to set out and work towards a future vision for our capital in which all parts of London contribute to and share in the benefits of economic growth.
Traditionally overlooked for investment in transport and other infrastructure, only by working collaboratively can we change the patterns of past development. South London Partnership will help shape South London in such a way that there is strong employment growth, a sustainable economy and high quality of life for the benefit of all residents and businesses.
In the last ten years we have had some successes. We have:
· Successfully lobbied for investment in transport links for south London – including the East London Line extension to West Croydon and Clapham Junction
· Demonstrated how transport investment such as Croydon Tramlink can have significant impact on employment and the local economy
· Promoted the Wandle Valley as a strategically important location for employment with London-wide significance
· Worked closely with the regional bodies to secure additional resource to the sub region for skills development, helping people who are workless and promoting and supporting volunteering
· Helped small businesses learn more about the opportunities arising from the London Olympic and Paralympic Games and other public sector procurement
Over the coming years, our main priorities are to create:
· A robust south London economy, which counter-balances the central London economy and is able to withstand potential future economic crisis
· A greener and more sustainable future for London with more jobs closer to where people live, more environmentally-friendly transport and greater consideration for the environment
These aims can only be achieved through at sub regional level and through collaboration. We work with our member boroughs and other partners through three main themes:
· Planning and Transport
· Business and Employment
· Benefiting from the London Olympic and Paralympic Games
It is our role to promote the case for South London to the Mayor, Greater London Authority and other regional bodies. By acting together we create a stronger voice to argue for more investment in South London.
We also support our local authorities as they work to find more efficient ways to deliver services and support common approaches to shared issues with other public agencies such as the NHS.
On this website you can find out more about how we work, our objectives, the progress we are making, and you can join in the debate about how we should shape South London.
SLP response to the ORR regarding their invitation for comments regarding the Network Rail Strategic Business Plan as part of the 2013 periodic review in order to inform their review of the strategic business plan ahead of the ORR's draft overall conclusions on PR13
SLP Response to ORR on NRSBP (341K)
News posted: 21/02/2013 12:39:59
A document setting out South London's approach, investment priorities and aspirations for increasing cycling across South London
South London Cycling Charter (2224K)
News posted: 18/12/2012 16:12:01